Hi!

As other list members may be aware I’ve been setting up my Home Studio and I’ll
post again the link to the article that got my interest reignited on this
topic, I’ve always been into recording though I’ve been neglecting net
casting/Podcasting due to various events here over the last couple of years but
they’re all behind me now so let the fun begin.

List members will know that I am very impressed with the Blue Yeti and the
audio Technica microphones mentioned in the article not to mention the
Accessories such as the Pop Filter and Shockmount I bought to complete the
package? Well actually there was one thing the article mentioned that I was
still curious about so I went and purchased the Senheiser HD202 II headphones
to see what the author was raving about for $25, after all an amount like that
isn’t going to break the bank and it will either be good or - unlikely in the
case of Senheiser - be money wasted but at least not too much.

So I’ve given these cans a quick listen and no, they’re no B&W P7’s but they’re
an absolute quality bargain no doubt about it.

Comfort is the first thing you notice about these cans.

The bass is there though its not as pronounced as more expensive cans but there
to enjoy all the same and certainly not in any way overbearing.

The top sounds better than I expected it would for a pair of headphones at this
price, again nothing startling but perfectly engaging with plenty of detail
which is precisely what you want when listening back to your recordings.

Construction is cheap but the plastic used is a tough kind so the cans should
last a good while.

These headphones are closed and not open backed but who’s complaining, you’ll
probably want closed back cans anyway when recording <smile..

And now the link to the article on setting up facilities to create/record a
Podcast for a budget price.

I’ve sent the link to the list before but thought I’d post it again since many
list members seem to have questions or comments regarding the equipment I’ve
mentioned which has been sourced thanks to this read.

The article is written around a Mac but things should be easily enough adapted
where appropriate and I’m sure we can all lend a small hand if anyone has any
questions.
http://theappfactor.com/how-to-set-up-podcasting-rig-under-300/
Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.