Well to be perfectly honest that’s Apple for you and where would you find any
serious audio reviews about anything Apple?

Okay, I did find plenty of reviews and information regarding the audio for my
2012 Mac Mini machine but Apple just won’t release too much information about
anything else it seems when it comes to audio.

I’m glad you mentioned that about the Apple TV and now I’m having second
thoughts about that purchase for myself too.

> On 5 Feb 2016, at 5:38 AM, John Gurd <j.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> I got an Apple TV 3rd Gen a year or so ago to use with MusicMatch and my
> HiFi. I was really disappointed to discover that it really didn't sound that
> great even with a HDMI connection. I recently read that for some reason it
> resamples music from 44.1KHZ to 48KHZ. This is the equivalent to transcoding
> on the fly which is inevitably going to sound terrible.
>

> The thing is, I really love the new Apple music service and I am tempted to
> buy the Apple TV 4th Gen in order to use the service with my living room
> system. But once bitten, twice shy. I haven't been able to find out if it
> handles music in the same way. I haven't even been able to find any serious
> reviews of its audio quality.
>

> John

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.