.and I'm very impressed. I've only had a short time to try it out but I
think it's great. The audio with the P7s is quite perfect even just
listening to tracks from the Apple Music Service. It's better than the Arcam
MusicBoost (which itself is pretty good) but that's not surprising given the
price tag.

It has an effortless, natural sound that doesn't over-emphasis anything,
just lets you hear the music. It's detailed, and you feel you can place
every instrument with pin-point accuracy. I briefly tried the bass-boost,
but although it does its job well enough, I really didn't think it
necessary.

The HA-2 is easy to use. It's about the size and thickness of the iPhone 6,
although it's a centremetre or so shorter. The switches are all easy to
locate and are positional and tactile in operation with the exception of the
button for checking power/charging attached units. That has to be pressed
and a blue light illuminates when it is charging another device. The only
way I could tell it was on was because my iPhone indicated through Voice
Over it was charging.

With the leather surface it is nice to hold and fits easily in the hand.
It's light and could easily be carried in a bag or pocket.

I haven't yet tried it with any other devices but it has 3 inputs: a USB A
for Apple devices, a USB B for Android phones or tablets or even a PC and a
3.5mm jack for analogue audio. This jack also doubles as a line out for amps
or active speakers. I'm looking forward to trying it out. There's a 2nd
3.5mm jack which is the outlet for the headphone amp. With a 2-position
low/high gain switch on the side it can drive headphones of almost any
impedance. You get a very handy set of extremely short connector leads for
the 3 kinds of inputs.

Thanks to Dane for drawing it to my attention.

John