I need another pair of headphones like a hole in the head!

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 6:10 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: another pair of headphones to consider

Has anybody tried the AKG k712? They apparently came out around the
same time as the B&W P7. I only ran across them today on the amazon.com
site. Apparently, they are not unlike the q701, in that they are open
back. So you won't make friends if listening in a public place.
Comparison between these and the 701 was generally favorable, with
people prefering the k712 headband and material the ear cups are padded
with. There is a substancial price difference, $350 versus $179 if
memory serves. That's on the U.S. Amazon site. I'd love to try these,
since I have and really like the Q701 already. One commenter said he
thought the q701 sound stage was exagerated. I didsgree, but beauty is
in the ear of the beholder.

Mary