Hello Randy:

To start up a radio station is not that difficult, most people use either
Shoutcast or Icecast as the software generating the stream.  You would
choose whether to contract a streaming service or do it yourself in your own
dedicated or PVS server.

To be a DJ with pre-recorded talk programs is the easiest and most flexible
way.  To make them live is much more demanding, has to be done at exact
times and the quality depends then not only of your server, but also of your
internet connection and transmission to the server.  Being an actual DJ,
that is presenting music programs, has the difficulty of having to pay
royalties, something that on Jan 1, 2016 became much more expensive,
prohibitive for amateur enthusiasts.

I have run an internet radio station for years that has become very
successful with presenters from 24 countries and listeners from 108
countries, but is all in Spanish, it is called http://radiogeneral.com and
soon, I will be starting another one totally in English and consisting
entirely of pre-recorded talk shows or Old Time Radio programs, that will be
called "Radio Broadcast Training Service of the US" whose domain will be
www.rbts.us and if you are interested  in doing a weekly pre-recorded talk
show, get in touch with me.  You would have to record it, edit the audio and
upload it to the server using FTP.

If anyone on the list is interested in doing a weekly pre-recorded talk show
in Spanish for Radio General, please contact me also.  It does not matter if
your Spanish isn't perfect, is accented or grammatically flawed, as long as
it is understandable and pleasing to the ear, it is fine.

Regards,

Humberto

Humberto Rodriguez
Fort White, Florida