Tom, I sure wish that were a possibility, but I'm using an old Kenwood receiver here, not anything like a high tech device. I mean, a real dinasore.|

On 2/26/2016 9:23 AM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Larry:  Might it be that you've got something on your stereo receiver set for
enhancments or something?  Just a thought!
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Larry Higgins
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 8:52 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List<pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Question about a sound card issue - maybe

Well Tim, thanks for that bit of advice, but I've tried that, and that
takes practically all of my amplification away. I only have the minimum
of enhancement going. I don't even have any equalization, at least not
through the sound card, only through Winamp.

As far as Winamp, my player, and the part it might have to play in the
equation, I don't even  have surround sound on at all, because I am
using an old school analog stereo receiver. So, I am open to even more
suggestions.

Thanks much,

Larry