Listers,

I guess that subject line kinda says most of it, but just some clarification.

I am looking for some suggestions for a reasonably priced USB sound card without any game audio gimmickry like what I am experiencing with my Realtek card on my Dell, but a pure audio presentation.

At present, and most likely for the foreseeable future, I will continue to be using an analog stereo system, so don't need to pay particular attention to HDMI, or anything related to that.

Would like to have a card with all the appropriate line inputs and outputs, and with the quality of an audigy, or maybe even better, if that is indeed possible for a good price. And just as a bonus, I would like to be able to access the software that comes with it using Window-Eyes.

The only reason I am asking about a USB card is because I don't want to have to install a regular card. However, if my best bet is to just forget USB in favor of some real quality, I would be willing to do so.

Of course, I am primarily acquainted with Creative Lab cards, but any other reputable brand would be acceptable.

Thanks for any input,

Larry