The author of this document has it exactly right when he points out that Samsuhng phones are so full of bells and whilstles, its easy to overlook many of the very useful features and one of those is the Sound Detector.

I'm going to see if I can get the "Detect Doorbell Sound" working tomorrow as I'm sure I'd find this extremely useful, I have a profound hearing loss but even so I can see many people making use of such a function.

I had planned to use my Raspberry Pi computer with a customised doorbell kit which sends out e-mail and SMS alerts but wha's on offer from the Samsung may be just what I need for the moment so read all about it from the link below.
http://www.bobstanke.com/blog/2015/2/13/how-to-activate-sound-detector-feature-samsung-galaxy-note-4

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves