Hi Walter.  Long time no speak - I hope you're doing well.

Many thanks for this.  I read the manual and was confused ... it said
that the Talking Books folder could accommodate DAISY books and any
other file type that was recognised by the player (which I took to
include MP3) but, in a separate section, it said that only DAISY and
Epub (and some other format that I can't remember) would be played in
the Talking Books folder.  In that section it did mention other
bookshelves/folders such as Music but my interpretation of what was
written was that the player should format these itself rather than me
actually having to add the Music/Podcasts/etc folders.  Either way,
I'm bemused that all the file types play in the Talking Books folder
on SD cards and other USB drives but not on these ones.

Anyway, I'm not very experienced with the unit either but I'll be
happy to help if I can.  I assume you got a copy of the user guide
with the machine but, if you're in need of a .doc copy, let me know
and I'll be happy to email it to you.

All my best, Danny