Hi Dane
I know where you're coming from. A couple of weeks ago I had to disconnect my
Logitec Transporter from my system as it stopped working. It's over ten years
old so owes me nothing even though I paid a thousand quid for it at the time.
It's the best sounding streaming player I've ever had. It probably used the
same HTML interface as the one you used with your Boom and of course it worked
with an iPhone app called Ipeng which I got following a recommendation from
yourself.

I've just replaced it with a much cheaper Sonos Connect. It sounds much better
than I expected but it can't play HD audio so I've got a small collection of
albums I'll actually have to downs ample. Still, the app is very accessible and
it gives me access to my Apple Music and Amazon Prime and audio purchases as
well as internet radio. I haven't actually scanned my own home collection onto
it yet so we'll see.

Before that I  got a Sonos Player 1 for my bedroom and was  so impressed I got
a second one to make up a stereo pair. The one big disadvantage with the Sonos
range though is it doesn't do AirPlay or even Bluetooth. That means I can't use
some of my iPhone audio apps with it. For instance, I have a great audio
Relaxation app that can't be played over it.

Because it's a multi-room system the temptation is to keep adding to it but I'd
like to see the above drawbacks addressed before wading further into the water.
It does sound pretty damn good though, especially for the money. That's not to
say it's cheap, but it's certainly not the most expensive system of it's type.

John Gurd