Since I've been looking at B&W, Kef and the like I've not even considered Bose or Logitech, Yes I've owned Bose speakers, no point denying it and I've owned Logitech. If you like Bose and logitech then that's fine but they do indeed sound second rate when we're talking premium stuff from Kef and the like.

Kef and B&W aren't all that more expensive so when all is said and done, its worth the wait even if you have to save your penny's, I very much enjoy my B&W A7 and as I've already said, for the Desktop speakers it will be a toss-up between Kef and B&W.

On 21/08/2016 5:10 AM, Hamit Campos wrote:
I've heard some. They were good enough I suppose. They weren't chrisp enough
for me though, and the bass wasn't theater like enough. Hence though they are a
fake 5.1 system I got the Bose Companion 5 system. S
Sure they're not true 5.1, but they are USB and what's more they are Bose. So
they are crisp and cinema like. Those other 1s were Logitech. I've heard 2
systems. I will admit also that those that the Logitech had good channel
separation for 5.1. But I guess were I to do surround I'd go the AV road. Going
the AV road you could now even do Dolby Atmos surround sound.
-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 10:30 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Desktop computer speakers

I can’t comment on the 5.1 desktop speakers, I never used any of those and - by
the time I even thought about using some - they’d gone of the market but
thankfully good stereo desktop computer speakers seem to be entering the market
again if you know where to look.

Yamaha make some stuff which might be worth a look too.