From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:51 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: bluetooth speaker recomendations

I admit to giving up following the Bluetooth speaker market these days as
there are literally hundreds and hundreds of Bluetooth Speakers out there in
all shapes and sizes for pretty much all budgets so in my view you've really
got to ask yourself what your exact needs are for a Bluetooth speaker.
The new Bose SoundlinkMini is supposed to have improved audio over the old
one, I have the older model and quite like it, wonderful sound for something
that small.
The build quality is very nice to and I believe that build has carried over
to the new model, tough aluminum frame.
It would appear that 95% of Bluetooth speakers out there aren't really aimed
at those who enjoy good sound so if good sound is your aim then the market
narrows considerably when it comes to portable speakers and we find the size
going up a little here to accommodate the laws of physics.
The Bowers and Wilkins T7 I'm pleased to note has dropped in price and
that's a real portable powerhouse, the party can proceed for around 19 hours
before the battery runs out.
The T7 shows off quality sound and you can certainly hear the difference
between MP3 and Lossless file types if you're using an AptX device paired
with this thing, truly amazing.
If you're looking at units incorporating Hands Free speakerphones then there
are plenty of those, the new Bose Soundlink Mini being one.
The Soundlink Mini now has a TTS speech engine on board to guide you through
the process of pairing it with your Phone or whatever, a bit of a gimmick in
my opinion but its there so make use of it.O One Bluetooth speaker I never
liked and thought was very much over rated was the Jawbone Jambox, you can
certainly buy better than that.