Ah yeah this is true. That's what I do. Now with the DM recorders you have the advantage that you can use the Software that comes with them. How ever with the little LS-P2 and I assume the DM720 aparently Olympus apparently did have the lady go back and record all the stuff needed for this. Cause Neal Ewers said that the LS-P2 does speak all this.

On 1/22/2017 1:24 PM, Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,
If you don't care if the time is accurate you can just hit the enter button and it'll get you past that screen and then someone can set up the time for you later unless you know how to approximate your way through it which I never mastered. but when changing batteries just hit the enter key and it'll accept whatever it thinks the current time is and let you go on your way.
Robin

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Olesen
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 12:39 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: Startup problem with Olympus LS 14

Hi folks,

The Olympus LS 14 I have does a strange thing. It drains the batteries
within a week or so, but that's not my essential question.

Can someone please describe the first screens that pups up, when you've
inserted some new batteries into the LS14?

I know it has something to do with setting up the time and date, but exactly
how do one do that??

Best regards

Brian

---