Hi again all.

I would have sent this request to the Goldwave list, of which I am a member,
but have lost their email address.

But this enquiry is also very much a PC Audio question and I'm sure there are
members who could put me straight.

I recorded my local quire using my Zoom and ended up with a large WAV file.

I know how to chop it up into tracks using GW, but, and I need to be honest
here, I was rather drunk when I was recording the concert and sitting too
closely to my tripod, so this lovely recording is runed by the loud shouting
and clapping from a drunk and I want to cut, me, out!

I've got a copy of John Wilsons book concerning goldwave editing commands and
what it says is place a left bracket at the start of the offending piece of
recording and then a right bracket, at the end of it and then simply press the
delete key and the offensive material should be deleted.

Problem is when I do this I delete all of the file completely.

I cannot find the left or right bracket keys on my keyboard, but I have found
the left and right perin keys.  Are they not the same thing guys or am I
missing something?

Any advice with this one would be fantastic as I really did mess up much of the
recording with my enthusiasm and apart from my audio presence, the recording
turned out rather very nice.

Very best wishes.

Andy.