You could use your computer as the hub and the sound car shouldn't matter as you could use Software to capture the audio of your player or - as I said arlier - you could use Windows Media Player etc.

So now we know you are thinking of using your computer we can talk about other equipment you may have in your house that you wish to stream to, have you got an amplifier or some sort of entertainment system in the louge that you fancy streaming to for example?

On 31/03/2017 10:58 AM, Robert Godridge wrote:
We have amazon ecco but like Dane said, flac would be an issue.

I have a very analog setup, an old numarc mixer with a generic
soundcard going to my computer but that would have to change to stream
throughout the house and I know it.
I like the idea of Cast To I'd not heard of it!

On 3/31/17, Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net> wrote:
Okay, so how would one stream high quality FLAC files and so on with echo?

On 31/03/2017 10:16 AM, Humberto Rodriguez wrote:
The best way is using Echo.
Humberto

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Godridge
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:43 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: best way to play/stream music through a house?

I'm just curious, what would be the best way to play/stream audio
throughout the house these days?
Does anyone know of any accesseable wireless speakers for example, or
streaming servers that can be used with them?
I'd rather not have to use i-devices but my wife does have an iphone.
I'd like to play flac etc too...
Just curious...
Rob