-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin Paul
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:48 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] Patch 125952-07

Dominique Frise wrote:
> Here a summary of what we have:

Thanks - so it seems as if the version number of the packages for bumped
up in the update releases, while the real version number was not changed
e.g. from 11/06 to 8/07. Patches exist only for some of the existing
package versions.

> Solaris 10 3/05 systems
> SUNWmcon  Sun Java(TM) Web Console 2.2.4 (Core)
>           (sparc) 2.2.2,REV=2005.01.09.23.05

Patch 121211 applies to that system.

> Solaris 10 11/06 systems
> SUNWmcon  Sun Java(TM) Web Console 3.0.2 (Core)
>           (sparc) 3.0.2,REV=2006.10.09.11.21

There's no patch which applies to that system.

> Solaris 10 8/07 systems
> SUNWmcon  Sun Java(TM) Web Console 3.0.2 (Core)
>           (sparc) 3.0.2,REV=2006.12.08.20.48

Patches 125952 and 136897 apply to that system. They are installed no my
Solaris 10 8/07 systems.

> Running "pca mrs", none of the systems shows patch to apply for SMC.

If the above mentioned patches don't show up as missing patches, they
must be installed already. Try:

   pca -p 'Web Console' -l all

and see if installed revision is equal to current revision (IR = CR).

We had some discussion about these and other Web Console patches
recently (Sun created different patches for Solaris 8/9/10, although the
software is the same on each release of Solaris). They really created
quite some mess here.

Sun probably has a security issue here - if there is a security patch
for Web Console 3.0.2 on Solaris 10 8/07, one can assume that the same
problem exists in Web Console 3.0.2 on Solaris 10 11/06, but there is no
way to fix this until Sun produces another patch.

Martin.

Confidentiality Warning:  This e-mail contains information intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  The sender does not accept any
responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer
system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this
e-mail.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by
return e-mail.  Thank you.