Rajiv Gunja wrote:
You will see that there is no Version of Solaris information on that line.
PCA just uses this information to enlist the patch as needed/required.

Exactly - there's no way for pca to determine that these patches are for a special OS release only, judging from the patchdiag.xref file.

That's why I started to add such special patches to pca itself some time ago. I've added the mentioned VERITAS patches now as well, so only the one correct patch for the actual OS release will show up now. The fix is in the current development release, at:

  http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/installation.html

Thanks to Jonathan for reporting this.

Martin.