Christoph Litauer wrote:
I used to use option --noheader (-H) in my pca wrapper script ... and
wondered why my machines didn't even reboot after a kernel patch. As far
as I debugged it --noheader suppresses "reconfigure" or "reboot"
messages at all. The manpage doesn't mention that, I think it should?

You're right, the man page wasn't clear about it. I've fixed it - thanks.

I must admit I've never used --noheader with anything but the default (list) option. The idea was really to get a list of all patches in an easily parseable format (which is configurable by the format option as well) to be used in a wrapper. It never occurred to me that it could be used with --download/--install.

This also brings up one of the things on my ToDo list - pca should return useful exit codes; two of them could be "reboot/reconfigure required". As it is now, you will have to parse pca's output in your wrapper.

Martin.