Hi,

Currently, my wrapper, filters the output of pca -i missing for the
Engineer who is installing the patches, as he/she will get confused as the
patch bundle was generated and why PCA is attempting a download when we are
trying to install the patches.

I think I understand now what you're after, at last. You're right, it's one of those things which you don't notice anymore when you've looked at it for years.

I've made a change to the current development release:

  http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/installation.html

  * Check whether patch already exists before announcing download

If a patch already exists in patchdir, it will not say anything about "Downloading .." anymore. Let me know if that's OK for you.

Martin.