Hello,

Your pca program is excellent, but I'm running into a couple of issues,
and your comments are most welcome!

1.      We discovered that PCA, when downloading "recommended and
security" patches will identify *many* more patches than Sun bundles in
their "Recommended" bundle! (this appears to be a problem with Sun
marking them as "recommended", but then for some reason, not including
them in their own bundles),  but this is a good thing, as we need to
also install the extra's that PCA notices.    In any event, we want to
build our own bundles based on what PCA is telling us, but the problem
is...PCA doesn't build a "patch_order" file for us to order our
patches...which is something SUN provides in their bundles.   This
leaves me in a catch-22:  on one hand, PCA identifies the patches we
need, but we cannot use it because we don't know the order to patch in,
and At the same time, Sun's recommended bundles lacks several patches we
need (PCI audit) and it's a ton of work to to identify those extra
patches and download separatly.   Either choice is painful.  Any ideas
for getting around this would really help!

2.       When I request PCA to download a specific Solaris patch(s) for
installation later, PCA doesn't appear to also bring down it's dependent
patches.  Is there a way to do this using PCA?

Please reply to my email, as I'm not a registered commenter yet!

Kind regards,

Pete

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.