Hello, comments below...

BTW, as a quick non-pca aside about jumpstart, an extremely useful step
to debug jumpstart is to run: 'boot net - install install_debug', which
will turn on -x and maybe -v (can't remember) sending all script trace
data to the console.  Works best when connected to the console from
another server via tip.  Make sure the terminal you connect with has a
large buffer to catch all trace output.

In Solaris 10, the wget includes SSL support, so it needs the SSL
libraries under /usr/sfw/lib ($BASE/usr/sfw/lib in your example).  These
libraries are not normally included on the jumpstart minimal OS from my
experience, though I haven't looked at U6.

>From ldd on /usr/sfw/bin/wget:

        libssl.so.0.9.7 =>       /usr/sfw/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7
        libcrypto.so.0.9.7 =>    /usr/sfw/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7

> > ${BASE}/usr/sbin/pca --install --wget=${BASE}/usr/sfw/bin/wget \
> > --root=${BASE} --patchdir=${BASE}/tmp --xrefdir=${BASE}/tmp \
> > --xrefurl="http://server.domain/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi"; \
> > --patchurl="http://server.domain/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi";

> I think that it should be OK to use ${BASE}/usr/sfw/bin/wget,
> although I'm using a copy which I put into the same directory
> as the finish script and use it with "--wget=./wget".

One of the differences with your run and Martin's is he has wget local
to his directory.  He doesn't say, but I would guess it is a version w/o
SSL support that would work on different OS versions.  The wget in
Solaris 10 will only work on Solaris 10 and depends on the SSL
libraries.  The wget in Solaris 8/9 does not have that dependency, only
on standard libraries under /lib.

> Martin.

For your issue, I would suggest trying one of these options:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BASE/usr/sfw/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
${BASE}/usr/sbin/pca --install --wget=${BASE}/usr/sfw/bin/wget  \
    --root=${BASE} --patchdir=${BASE}/tmp --xrefdir=${BASE}/tmp \
    --xrefurl="http://server.domain/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi";      \
    --patchurl="http://server.domain/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi";

Or using chroot:

CHROOT=
[ x$BASE = x/ ] || CHROOT="chroot $BASE"
$CHROOT /usr/sbin/pca --install --patchdir=/tmp --xrefdir=/tmp \
    --xrefurl="http://server.domain/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi";     \
    --patchurl="http://server.domain/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi";

I have found the chroot option to be invaluable with jumpstart.  The
nice part is pca will find /usr/sfw/bin/wget by itself, no need to pass
it in the call.  Same goes for --root=, as it is the same in both cases;
being / when run in or out of jumpstart.

BTW, if your jumpstart has configured the nameservice for the new OS
before the pca run, the chroot will use that config.

Hope this helps,
        --Dave