From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On
Behalf Of McGranahan, Jamen
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:02 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: [pca] SUNWxvnc

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm gradually making progress in getting PCA
running and installed effectively. I do have a question, though. On one of my
servers, PCA terminates because it says SUNWxvnc is not installed and so will
not install patch 125719-14. Now I have scoured the Internet for this patch,
searched high and low on Sun's site, even tried installing just VNC, but I've
not been able to find this package. I thought it might be on our original Sun
Solaris 10 sparc CD's, but I've checked all 5 of them and SUNWxvnc is not on
them. I've seen mention of it in blogs, but I've not been able to find where I
can download it and install it. Anyone know where I can check for this? Here's
the error I'm getting from PCA:

The following requested patches have packages not installed on the system
Package SUNWxvnc from directory SUNWxvnc in patch 125719-14 is not installed on
the system. Changes for package SUNWxvnc will not be applied to the system.

Jamen McGranahan

Systems Services Librarian

Vanderbilt University

419 21st Avenue South