> Can someone give me the instructions how to exclude patches for old
> software,
> e.g. patches for PC-NFS and SunOS before 5.8?

There are different ways to do such think I guess.
What we do is a fresh install of SUNWcall of the SunOS/Solaris we use
and get
  uname -a > uname.out
  showrev -p > showrev.out
  pkginfo -x > pkginfo.out

and then run pca against those files. This gets you most patches needed
into the proxy.
We run this as a cronjob every night so that we get every changes in the
xref files.

Drawbacks:
You have to do it for every Updated Solaris Version (e.g. Solaris 10
U1/U2....). Takes a while to set up. And you might miss a patch for a
specific Server Model. But those Patches are not that often. So we get
it when needed.

Jan