amy.r...@tufts.edu wrote:
Our Sun rep says that they're going to be moving people to their new support
infrastructure SMC, and I was wondering if anyone was using that and pca and
if they were still compatible?

While I haven't used an of Sun's enterprise management tools, I'm pretty sure that at the lowest level all of them rely on showrev/patchadd and pkginfo as the interface to check for installed patches, packages etc.

After all, no higher level tool can cease to work if some admin decides to install just a single patch manually with "patchadd 123456-78".

As these are the same interfaces as used by pca, it should not be a problem to use pca and any of Sun's patch suites in parallel.

Martin.