Eric Ham wrote:
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:47 AM, McGranahan,
Jamen<jamen.mcgrana...@vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
Hmmm, according to pkginfo -l command, we have this package installed on our
system:

r...@lib480:/#pkginfo -l SUNWwsr2
  PKGINST:  SUNWwsr2
     NAME:  Solaris Product Registry & Web Start runtime support
 CATEGORY:  system
     ARCH:  sparc
  VERSION:  3.0.0,REV=2000.11.21.00.05

Not sure if it matters, but I do see a difference in the VERSION info
from your pkginfo -l

VERSION:  3.0.0,REV=2000.11.21.00.05

and what is in the patchdiag.xref

SUNWwsr2:3.0.0,REV=2002.04.14.23.49;

Maybe 114482 won't install because the version of your installed
package is too old? Perhaps you need to have the SUNWwsr2 package from
2002 installed for 114482 to work? That's just a wild guess though.

That's absolutely correct. Jamen - the patch you want to install doesn't match the package/software you have installed.

As to why there are two versions of the SUNWwsr2 package with the same version 3.0.0 but a different revision, I can't answer that. I see that there is 110716-02 (SunOS 5.8: Solaris Product Registry 3.0 patch) for the version of SUNWwsr2 you have installed. Sometimes the OS tag in the synopsis ("SunOS 5.8") is not correct for unbundled software. Or somebody has manually installed a wrong package on your system. If you have the OS CDs/DVD you installed, check for the version of SUNWwsr2 it contains ..

Martin.