Don,

While it has not yet been decided the timeframe of the fix for this (it could be October), I was advised that there is a operand "method-tr" (obviously news to me too!) that can be used instead of "method=r" to retrieve a patch README.

I didn't know about "method=tr" either, but it seems to work. Great! A new development version of pca is available, which includes:

  * Change URL used to download patch READMEs
  * Ignore ssprot option for README downloads, which require HTTPS

Unless I get any reports that this doesn't work for somebody, I will create a new official release very soon.

Still, if "method=r" can't be made to work again quickly, I'd assume that simply redirecting it to "method=tr" *on SunSolve* would be a possible solution for this issue, which doesn't force all pca users to update to a new version ..

Anyway - thanks a lot for your effort in investigating this issue! I already missed --readme a lot in the last few days.

Martin.