Hi,

I want to download a set of patches with their dependencies. I already
have these patches installed but I am downloading these for
installation on an alternate BE. I think the dependencies are not
being downloaded because the patches are already installed on the
current BE.

The key is to point pca at the alternate BE and to make it read information about installed packages and patches from there. That's what pca's -R/--rootdir option is for. Using "pca -R /mountedABE" it will behave just as if the system was booted from the ABE.

Martin.