Hi All

I want to install patches on secondary submirror on this box. I could use lu
to setup an ABE and then mount that and install patch on that.
However, if I don't want to worry about installing lu and recommended lyu
patches, I could just detach the secondary submirror and mount
that and install patch on that as well. Then modify the vfstab on the
secondary submirror and just boot from that.
Has anyone done it with detail/complete steps?

Here is how my SVM looks like

(root)@myhost:~# metastat -p
d0 -m d20 d10 1
d20 1 1 c1t1d0s0
d10 1 1 c1t0d0s0
d1 -m d11 d21 1
d11 1 1 c1t0d0s1
d21 1 1 c1t1d0s1

(root)@myhost:~# metadb
        flags           first blk       block count
     a m  p  luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s6
     a    p  luo        8208            8192            /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s6
     a    p  luo        16400           8192            /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s6
     a    p  luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6
     a    p  luo        8208            8192            /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6
     a    p  luo        16400           8192            /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6

So I can just detach the d20, and remove the metadb c1t1d0s6, and mount it
and change the vfstab and systems file.  use eeprom to make c1t1d0s0 as
the correct boot-device root.  Then install patch on that using pca and boot
from it. That should work, correct?

Lets say I mount d20 on /mnt. So can I patch that like this?  pca  -a -i mrs
-R /mnt ?

my /var, /opt and /usr are part of root /

(root)@myhost:~# df -h /var
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/md/dsk/d0         9.8G   5.5G   4.2G    57%    /
(root)@newsunray:~# df -h /opt
(root)@newsunray:~# df -h /usr

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu