I want configure my dedicated local patch server(pca proxy mode with web server, no NFS way) to work with any "pca client" by https connections(port 443 by default). I want use Apache V2 Web server on Solaris 10 U7(05/09) on my SPARC system(Sun Fire V490). Will serve over 400 pca clients.
I'm not an expert on apache, I have only basic knowledge.
I see a "LOCAL PATCH SERVER" section of http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/usage.html, but don't help me.

In Google I found these interesting documents:

[=] Apache 2 with SSL/TLS: Step-by-Step, Part 1 [1]
[=] Apache 2 with SSL/TLS: Step-by-Step, Part 1 [2]
[=] How to Configure an Apache 2.0 Web Server to Use the SSL Kernel Proxy [3] The solutions found above seem long and complex to manage. Seeking a simple and easy to handle, as PCA ;)
The search on ML archive[4] don't have success and

Some of you have already done this configuration?

1.<http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1818>
2.<http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1820>
3.<http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4555/gcbjy?a=view>
4.<http://www.mail-archive.com/pca@lists.univie.ac.at/>
Suggestions, ideas, are welcome.
Best regards

Michele

P.S.:excuse me for bad English, but Italian :)
--
Michele Vecchiato
http://michelevecchiato.wordpress.com (blog)