Hi,

Hm, how about making the username something like

   <SOA-Username>!<SOA-Password>

Ie. seperate the username & password in the username "field" with something
like a ! (or whatever...).

Won't help either - to make the HTTPD set REMOTE_USER, which could then be used by the CGI, you need a ".htaccess" file, as far as I understand it. The CGI itself can't force the HTTPD to do the authentication, as it seems.

While this might work, I find it ugly....

Yes, I wouldn't want to use that neither. As for other alternatives - including e.g. "&soa=...." in the URL is insecure, and hacking with cookies doesn't seem very attractive to me, too.

Martin.