Thanks for the heads up Martin.

I'll follow up with the engineers involved with the patch to confirm.

I'll keep you posted.

Best,
-Don

Martin Paul wrote:
Hi,

A word of warning for all of you who are running Solaris IP Filter. It is strongly suspected that the current ipf patches are faulty:

  141505 -- < 05 RS-  11 SunOS 5.10_x86: ipf patch
  141506 -- < 05 RS-  11 SunOS 5.10: ipf patch

I just helped a colleague fixing a problem where a machine became unresponsive on the network about 5-6 minutes after reboot. Here's a thread on Sun's Networking Forum started by someone who had the same issue:

  http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5420590&tstart=0

There are other threads describing problems with these patches in the same forum - look for the patch numbers in the subject:

  http://forums.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=903

No idea whether there's an open case already, but *I* would definitely put these patches on the ignore list on any system running Solaris IP Filter until they are marked as BAD or new revisions are available.

Martin.