Hi.

Recently we patched some systems in our company. Several encountered this
issue where a package from a later Update of Solaris 10 was applied. See
this link for a short description:
http://blogs.sun.com/patch/entry/do_not_apply_packages_from

PCA did not seem to handle this situation well, and seemed to produce an
unbootable system. The fault seems to be partially installed patches,
introduced through previously added *later update packages*, and then
reported through showrev -p. Presumably PCA then assumes that this patch is
already applied and then continues applying patches, including those for
which the partially installed patch is a pre-requisite.

My query is, can PCA be changed to recognise this situation? I see both
patchdiag.xref and showrev -p have package names associated with each of the
patches.

Thanks!
Dan.