From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf Of Don O'Malley
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:20 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] OS CPU

Hi Ying,

The CPU is not related to the patchdiag.xref file at all.

The CPU is simply a snapshot of the Recommended Patch Clusters taken once a quarter, which contains patches that fix all publicly announced Security issues (i.e. Oracle Security Alerts) for the Solaris OS.

See http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm, http://security.sfbay.sun.com/pad.html and  http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/critical-patch-updates/cpujul2010.html and for further information.

Best,
-Don

Xu, Ying (Houston) wrote:
I noticed that Oracle/SUN just released its first Critical Patch Updates (CPU).  I'm not sure which xref file it uses.  Does PCA have an option to download/patch CPU?  Its README has update date of 7/6, but the xref file on 7/6 that I downloaded has kernel patch of 142900-14 instead of 142900-13.

Thanks.

Ying

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use,
dissemination or copying of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful. Please note that any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no

Don O'Malley
Manager,Patch System Test
Revenue Product Engineering | Solaris | Hardware
East Point Business Park, Dublin 3, Ireland
Phone: +353 1 8199764
Team Alias: rpe_patch_system_test...@oracle.com