Ben Taylor wrote:
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Martin Paul <mar...@par.univie.ac.at> wrote:
I think some time ago, patches for older versions of Sun Studio were
available without the "Software" entitlement, but I just checked versions
12, 12.1 and 12.2 - for all of these the "Software" entitlement is required
now.

I have just a Solaris contract and can still download patches for Studio 12.

Obviously we had tried different architectures. I now tried these:

  124863-26: Sun Studio 12: Patch for Sun C++ Compiler
  124864-26: Sun Studio 12_x86: Patch for Sun C++ Compiler

The first one fails, the second one works. That's due to the different "Support Level" required: For the SPARC patch it's "Software" (as expected), for the x86 patch it's "Software or Firmware". So as of now, an OS contract indeed suffices to access the Studio 12 x86 patches. I've given up trying to understand this :)

Martin.