    issue and have published ETA emc275344 on https://powerlink.emc.com, which
    contains further information.

Best, -Don
On 18/08/11 16:50, Wickline, Bob (N-STERLING COMPUTERS CORPORATION) wrote:

This may be a stupid question but wouldn’t something like this warrant pulling/recalling the patch???

From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf Of Don O'Malley
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:31 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Cc: loris.ser...@bnymellon.com; sunmanag...@sunmanagers.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [pca] [[slightly] off-topic Warning]: Solaris 10 SPARC patch 144500-19 and EMC PowerPath

Hi Loris/All,

Firstly, apologies that you found this out the hard way. I am in the process of getting a README note added to this KU to warn customers of the issue.

This is a late breaking issue that we are currently investigating in partnership with EMC.
The cause of this issue is that EMC PowerPath is using private interfaces in Solaris, which Oracle have changed in the latest KU deliverables. While it is not strictly an Oracle problem, we are doing everything we can to find a good solution for our customers that use EMC PowerPath.

I will keep the PCA alias in the loop as I know more. Please bear with us.

Best,
-Don