From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at
[mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf Of Martin Paul
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:44 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] Failed File Verification

Hi Aydin,

> Thanks for explaining it to me. The interesting behavior is that I am
> NOT explicitly asking for "--safe" installation and I still get the
> following outcome. Am I doing something wrong?:

The "--safe" option must be set somewhere, otherwise this behaviour is
impossible. There are four places where options can be set:

- in the pca script itself. Check whether you have the original script
- in configuration files (~/.pca, /etc/pca.conf, etc.). Check debug
output
- in environment variables (PCA_*). Check "env | grep PCA"
- on the command line. We can rule out that one.

Martin.