>> We did the same thing.  I do miss how fast Solaris 8 would reboot on our
>> old
>> V100's - down and up in 90 seconds.  With Solaris 10 it takes about 4
>> minutes.
>>

> Worry not, Solaris 11's fast reboot can boot a host as quickly as a zone.
> Default behaviour for a reboot is to skip the POST.

I don't see Solaris 11 going into production anytime soon. At least not in
the sites I deal with. The management decision thus far has been to scrap
Solaris entirely and go to Linux as the migration cost is cheaper than the
long term support costs from Oracle. I am not sure what the business plan
is with Oracle but Solaris is all the way back to the days of 2002 when
x86 was stupidly dropped.

As for Solaris 9, the decision that I have seen is not to upgrade but to
scrap it entirely. Even the BEA WebLogic servers and all the Oracle db
servers. Sad.

No one even mentions Solaris 11 in a meeting at all or they would get
laughed all the way to the street. Seriously, its that ugly.

Dennis

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1D936C72FA35B44B
| Dennis Clarke           | Solaris and Linux and Open Source |
| dcla...@blastwave.org   | Respect for open standards.       |