Hi,

So, let me ask this question a slightly different way; what information do you feel you are not getting from patchdiag.xref today?

The items that I have on my PCA wishlist/additions are:
  • Patches' product mappings (eg. Solaris 10 Operating System, Solaris Cluster 3.3)
  • Patch's entitlement(s) - eg. OS, SW, FMW, VIN - see MOS - Sun Patch Entitlement for details
  • Zipped patch md5sum
  • Patch properties (rebootafter, etc.)
  • Patch size (zipped)
  • "New Security Fix" flag to identify specific patch revisions that deliver new security fixes (as opposed to new or accumulated security fixes, which the current 'S' flag maps to)
  • "Patch Utility" flag to identify patches required for the full patch utility functionality (i.e. patchadd/patchrm)
  • "Live Upgrade" flag to identify patches required for full live upgrade functionality (i.e. MOS- LU Patch Requirements)
  • SunAlert "Data Loss" and "Availability" flags to identify patches that address "Data Loss" and "Availability" issues (i.e. Weekly Sun Alert Report 2011)
  • Identify architecture on a per pkg basis and have a <pkg_name>:<pkg_version>:<pkg_arch> triplet, rather than the current <pkg_name>:<pkg_version> pair (which has arch in a separate field)

Assuming we could sort out the patch requirements for non-released patches we were initally discussing and introduce some/all of the above, are there other items missing?

Best,
-Don

Thomas Gouverneur wrote:
This sounds to me like an incredible good idea.

Don ?

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:36:06 +0200