On 4/18/2012 8:14 AM, McGraw, Robert P wrote:

I submitted a SR to Oracle about this and they told me they were working
on a patch and they would let me know when it was ready.

I have an open SR as well 8-/, currently with a follow-up date of 4/30. Not that I expect an actual solution by then, based on past performance I anticipate it taking 6-12 weeks or even longer to get a patch.

I asked how come all of the major Linux vendors had a patch available within hours of the announcement, whereas with Oracle it took days to even get them to realize there was an issue and say they would look into it. No response on that. Don :)? Most likely the script kiddies only have linux shell code for this, so hopefully the wide open unauthenticated remote code execution with root privileges bug doesn't get exploited on my production servers while I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I'd run my own local samba rather than the Oracle bundled one but it's such a royal pain in the ass to get samba compiled under Solaris <sigh>.

AFAIK there's still just one guy in Prague that works on samba.

I wish one of the Illumos distributions was production ready.