Hi Chris,

Am 10.07.2012 um 19:57 schrieb Chris Elfers:
>    When we began our current patch cycle with all Veritas patches in our
> "bundle", we noticed that PCA was attempting to add all Veritas patches
> regardless of OS. Because of the previously mentioned patchdiag.xref issue
> where Oracle doesn't label the patches with the right OS.
>
>   But PCA still doesn't know about at least 108 VRTS patches.
>
>   For example, this is only for 5.8 but Oracle just says 'Unbundled' and PCA
> tries to install everywhere:
> 119303|03|Mar/05/07| | | |
> |Unbundled|sparc;|VRTSodm:4.1,REV=4.1B18_sol_GA_s10b74L2a;|VERITAS ODM 4.1:
> ODM 4.1 Maintenance Pack 02
>
>   I had to add the following lines to the set_extra_req() PCA function with
> the "real" OS in order to make PCA "know" what to do.
>
>   Is there an easier, supported method to do this?

The main problem is that only some Veritas patches are available from Oracle
while there are others (like the VxVM extensions for CVM) that are only bundled
together with the patch bundles from Symantec. When you attempt to patch a
system with CVM it leaves some components unlatched resulting in a non-working
system. Same goes for Legato Networker. I strongly recommend to always exclude
third party package patches like described here:
  https://lists.univie.ac.at/pipermail/pca/2009-February/000832.html

For system with just the storage foundation your modifications are helpful,
though.

Best regards

  -- Dago