Am 17.10.2012 21:01, schrieb Culver, Michael:
Recently installed 147440-25 on a t5120 which rendered it unbootable.
After no help from Oracle on the matter I removed the patch and
regained access to the system.  Oracle's response is that because I
am not patching with the patch cluster the patches are being
installed in the wrong order.

That's nonsense, IMO. The order is determined by patch requirements, and patchadd (and therefore PCA) would refuse to install a patch unless its requirements are met.

I haven't heard about any problems with 147440-25 yet, but it's pretty new. But if there is a problem with it rendering systems unbootable, this surely will be noticed by others as well. Just to be sure: The patch README has a note about a minimum firmware revision, but that's pretty old and you probably checked that already.

Martin.