This is a perfectly valid bug report and service request to file via
MOS to Oracle. They will initially deny the problem but if you press a
little then the thing gets reported to Solaris guys in there and they
will look at it. I had to go through the same silly dance on a bug
with "zoneadm move" which fails when a zone has to go from one ZFS
filesystem to another on separate ZPools and there is a file or
directory entry with oddball characters in it.  Turns out that zoneadm
has to call cpio to do the copy and then cpio fails when it hits a
special character anywhere in the file pathnames.  So, push the
problem over onto the MOS folks because this looks like a valid bug in
patchadd.

Paul