I pulled patches on Sunday morning without incident.
michaeldgale

-----Original Message-----
From: pca [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf Of Martin Paul
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 7:44 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] Patch file not downloaded with "cipher or hash unavailable"

Am 03.05.2015 um 11:53 schrieb Frank Langelage:
> Connecting to aru-akam-secure.oracle.com|184.31.84.14|:443... connected.
> OpenSSL: error:140D308A:SSL routines:TLS1_SETUP_KEY_BLOCK:cipher or
> hash unavailable Unable to establish SSL connection.

Strange. Did patch downloads work on that system before? Did you update wget
or pca or install patches recently?

The error seems to suggest that certain ciphers are missing from the SSL
library. If that's true, and nothing has changed on your system, it would mean
that something must have changed on the server. Could other PCA users please
test patch downloads and see if they get the same error?

Martin.