From: Greg Mirsky [mailto:gregimir...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:20 PM
To: JP Vasseur
Cc: Quintin Zhao; pce@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Pce] Inter-domain-p2mp-procedures

Hi Quintin and JP,
in regard to applicability of p2p FRR protection of links of p2mp LSP I
agree with JP that such applicability is questionable and very much depends
on network topology, its meshiness. I think that because we can not
guarantee that the immediate LSR will be the merging point of p2p backup LSP
one can not assume that a single p2p can be used to provide protection for
local link failure case. I believe that strong case can be made to recommend
use p2mp for local link protection as well as when node protection required.

Regards,
Greg