发件人: pce-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:pce-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 Ramon Casellas
发送时间: 2012年7月13日 18:20
收件人: pce@ietf.org
主题: Re: [Pce] 答复: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-07.txt

On 07/13/2012 11:02 AM, Fatai Zhang wrote:

Hi all,

A new version has been submitted. Only one change:

Introduce a new PCEP object (SERVER-INDICATION) to replace ERO subobject in
Section 3.5, because one comment was raised that ERO subobject should defer to
CCAMP extension (RSVP-TE extension).

Please review this draft for details.

Hi Fatai, authors,

Thanks for updating the draft, just a couple of questions, quoting:

PCE MAY specify the server layer path information in the ERO. In this case, the
requested PCE replies a PCRep message that includes at least two sets of ERO
information in the path-list, one is for the client layer path information, and
another one is the server layer path information. When SERVER-INDICATION is
included in a PCRep message, it indicates that the path in the ERO is the
server layer path information.

Q1)
for clarification,  I take it that it is still possible that the "SERVER layer"
part or segment can still be provided simply "embedded" in a single ERO that
includes both layers, right?  i.e. a single strict ERO in a MRN/MLN and that
the corresponding region border node is responsible for detecting the far end
etc. In other words, the use case where a single ERO includes both client and
server layers (in a single path) would be ok, and not against the quoted
paragraph: The response includes only 1 ERO A B C a b c d e D E F and,
(optionally), a second path with ERO C a b c d e D + SERVER_INDICATION. (Before
the update, we used A B C X a b c d e X D E F to "tag" region changes if
needed). I take it the new text means "A PCE MAY specify both the client and
server layers separately, in dedicated EROs. In this case..." is this right?

A  --- B --- C  ============= D --- E -- F
                  |                                 |
                   a  --  b   -- c   -- d  -- e

Q2)
Also, assume A is the higher layer LSP (A --> F) ingress node and the PCC, and
a H-LSP / FA will be stablished when the high layer Path reaches C. Assume A
gets the PCEP response from the PCE. The issue I have now is that how would
RSVP-TE "forward" the server layer to C so it is useful? would I need to merge
the ERO?

In summary, in my implementation either:

a) I have a multi-layer ERO, without "tags" or "banners" so each node needs to
check if it is a region boundary node, and act accordingly-

b) I have a multi-layer ERO, tagged with the sub-object (until draft -06) X.
That subobject tells the ERO processing node that it is a boundary node, and
both layers are "embedded" in a single ERO.

c) I have e.g. two EROs, split on a per server basis : client and server. How
do I forward these to node C? what is the benefit of splitting them?

Hopefully I have formulated my question clearly :)

Thanks and best regards
Ramon