Hi,

>From the definition, an empty PCUpd must contain an ERO, I think the
question boils down to having an empty ERO or an ERO that mirrors the last
ERO received. This is the only required parameter.

I would propose the following text to clarify:

Section 5.5.3:
Add: Upon reception of a PCUpd with D=0 a PCC MUST ignore the LSP object A
bit and  the ERO object content.

With that the Empty (I would not introduce a NULL message) PCUpd contains
SRP, LSP with PLSP-ID, all flags to 0, and an empty ERO.

Br
Cyril