From: Pce [mailto:pce-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of internet-dra...@ietf.org
Sent: 20 November 2017 14:59
To: i-d-annou...@ietf.org
Cc: pce@ietf.org
Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-06.txt

This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Conveying path setup type in PCEP messages
        Authors         : Siva Sivabalan
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Ina Minei
                          Robert Varga
                          Jon Hardwick
        Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-06.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2017-11-20

Abstract:
   A Path Computation Element can compute traffic engineering paths (TE
   paths) through a network that are subject to various constraints.
   Currently, TE paths are label switched paths (LSPs) which are set up
   using the RSVP-TE signaling protocol.  However, other TE path setup
   methods are possible within the PCE architecture.  This document
   proposes an extension to PCEP to allow support for different path
   setup methods over a given PCEP session.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-06

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-06

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

--- Begin Message ---
Mahendra, many thanks for your input.

PCE WG, we have a backwards compatible proposal on the table which, apart from
making a special case of SR-PCE-CAPABILITY, seems reasonably clean (or, at
least, not seriously broken).  Shall we go forwards with that?

Best regards

Jon