On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 7:15 PM, Jonathan Hardwick <
jonathan.hardw...@metaswitch.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> Many thanks for the review.  Please see my replies below - look for "Jon>".
>
> Best regards
> Jon

It would be good to describe all these in a paragraph of text, for folks in
the future, and for those who did not follow closely the discussions and
work assignments in the WG.

> 2. How are the new TLVs going to be deployed and managed? Does an operator
> have the option of selecting one LSP setup method or the other? How and
> what are the criteria of selections?
>
> 3. There is no discussion about initial setup and configuration. Are there
> any initial configuration parameters? If yes, how are they set up?
>
> 4. Are there any backwards compatibility and migration path issues
> operators should be aware about?
>
> 5. What is the expected impact on network operation?
>
> 6. How is correct operation visible to the operators? Are there any fault
> conditions that need to be reported to operators?
>
> 7. Are there any existing management interfaces (e.g. YANG models) that
> need to be defined or extended?
>
> Jon> I think the above points 2..7 are really good questions to be asking
> about each new path setup type that we introduce.  In a draft that is
> agnostic of path setup type, I don't really know how to answer them.  For
> example, I would expect draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing to answer these
> questions in the context of configuring and enabling PCEP for segment
> routing.  Do you think that there is something we can usefully say about
> working with multiple path setup types in general?

I am writing this review from the operational and manageability
perspective. Managing networks that combine multiple path setup methods may
raise some challenges from a configuration and observability point of view.
If there are issues that are deferred to other documents, it would be good
to mention this in a short paragraph, and provide a reference. I think that
Benjamin also suggested something on these lines.

Thanks for addressing my comments and for your answers.

Regards,

Dan