From: Martin Vigoureux [mailto:martin.vigour...@nokia.com]
Sent: 03 April 2018 10:54
To: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-t...@ietf.org; Julien Meuric
<julien.meu...@orange.com>; pce-cha...@ietf.org; julien.meu...@orange.com;
pce@ietf.org
Subject: Martin Vigoureux's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-09:
(with COMMENT)

Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type/

COMMENT:

Document says:
   If a PCEP speaker does not recognize the PATH-SETUP-TYPE-CAPABILITY
   TLV, it MUST ignore the TLV in accordance with ([RFC5440]).
and:
   If a PCEP speaker does not recognize the PATH-SETUP-TYPE TLV, it MUST
   ignore the TLV in accordance with ([RFC5440]).

I am fine with this but it does not say anything, explicitly, on what shall be
the selected signalling protocol. I guess it will be RSVP-TE because I guess we
treat this situation in the same way as if there had been no TLV. But since I
am guessing, I feel it wouldn't hurt to be explicit. On the assumption that my
guesses are correct, what about adding, for example, the following sentence (or
anything else you'd judge more appropriate):
   From a signalling protocol selection point of view, this situation is
   treated as if the ... TLV was absent.