Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-14: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing/

COMMENT:

Hello,

thank you for this document. I have few comments/questions:

Could you elaborate on what you mean by: "or to perform a specific service on
the packet."

s/A Segment Routed path/A Segment Routing path/

   In SR networks, an ingress node of an SR path prepends an SR header to
   all outgoing packets.  The SR header consists of a list of SIDs (or
   MPLS labels in the context of this document).
This appears twice in two consecutive paragraphs at the beginning of section 3.

I'm not a native english speaker but I find the use of "ERO subobject"
confusing when used to refer to the SR-ERO subobject. Maybe say the "the
(SR-ERO) subobject of the ERO".

   Length:  Contains the total length of the subobject in octets,
      including the L, Type and Length fields.  The Length MUST be at
      least 8, and MUST be a multiple of 4.  An SR-ERO subobject MUST
      contain at least one of a SID or an NAI.  The length should
      include the SID and NAI fields if and only if they are not absent.
I am confused about the minimum length. L, Type and Length use 2 octets. What
bring this to 8 considering that a SID is 4? Also the last sentence is very
confusing. It seems normal not to count something which is not there. No need
to say so. The current statement seems to contradict the preceding sentence in
fact, so I'd just remove it.

      *  A 4 octet MPLS label, where the 20 most significant bits encode
         the label value per [RFC3032].
s/MPLS label/MPLS Label Stack Entry/

I believe it is too late to change but I find L=1 meaning "no limit" is *very*
confusing. For me L stands for Limit and when L=1 there is a limit, when L=0
there is none.

On the metric object.
You have the requirement that "the PCE MUST minimize the SID depth". This is a
non actionable requirement. You need to set a bound. I very much understand
that the bound is the specified sid depth (and you say it properly afterwards
("the PCE MUST NOT return a path whose SID depth exceeds the given
metric-value"), but still the sentence I point to is a non actionable
requirement which you may want to reformulate.

   If a PCEP session is established with a non-zero default MSD value,
   then the PCC MUST NOT send an MSD METRIC object with an MSD greater
   than the session's default MSD.
Out of curiosity, why do you forbid that case?